Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Aloha!

Just got home from our vacation in Hawaii! We spent 6 nights in Maui and 2 nights in Lanai - made for a fantastic vacation. Some highlights were swimming with dolphins in the wild, snorkeling and diving with sea turtles, driving the road to hana, and being on the same airplane as Sawyer from Lost. Obvs.

It was a great trip and I feel refreshed and relaxed, even though I'm still feeling the jet lag a bit.

Here are some of my favorite pics from the week.

Dave and I before dinner at Mama's Fish House
Maui_0231


The condo we stayed at in Maui, Mahina Surf
Maui_0227


Cool tree on the Road To Hana
Maui_0027


Waterfalls on the Road To Hana
Maui_0051


Sunset at the Plantation Golf Course, before dinner
Maui_0198


Another sunset picture at Plantation House during dinner
Maui_0215


Since we're on the subject of sunsets, the sunset at our condo
Maui_0185


First cocktail (of many) on Lanai - the Mango Ginger Mojito...mmm
Maui_0271


Overlooking the flowers at the Four Seasons in Lanai
Maui_0339


If you want to see the rest of the pics you can check them out here:
Hawaii Pics

6 comments:

JulieAnn said...

Aloha!
I think the "cool trees" are hala (pandanus) trees. Otherwise, ohia trees are cool too :)
Just FYI...

Isn't Hawai'i fabulous!

Emily said...

Wow! Your photos are incredible Shey. When are you going to get into food photography so I can recruit you for Foodzie? :)

December said...

You guys take the best vacations!!
lovely photos!

The Berry Family said...

Awesome pics, Shey. Seriously. Just awesome. We're planning a trip to HI for later this year. These pics will help tie me over till then... :)

suzy homemaker said...

Maui No Ka Oi...
Beautiful pics, Shey. Hana is a little slice of heaven on earth, isn't it? I should have warned you about the BRrrr! factor up on Haleakela. LOL! I'm so glad you had a nice trip to my home away from home.

Gummy Mommy said...

Shey.. you're so talented.. Those pictures are fantastic.. I love the one of the palm trees.. reminds me of my country..
And .. can't you two be any cuter?? such a lovely couple!