Tuesday, March 11, 2008

brussel sprout salad with maple vinaigrette

I first had a variation of this salad at our favorite local sushi restaurant (H20) and I played around at home until I came up with my version. It's pretty simple - you shave(either on a mandolin or like I did - with a sharp knife) raw brussel sprouts, julienned red radishes, green onion, and I added homemade roasted spanish peanuts and bacon. I drizzled this with my basic vinaigrette (recipe posted earlier this month) and instead of a pinch of sugar I added some maple syrup. Mmmm. Even dave who DESPISES brussel sprouts liked them raw in this dish. Score.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, for veggie's those look surprisingly delicious. But I guess when you add bacon, ANYTHING can look good! Def have to try...

December said...

this looks really tasty!
I'll have to try it out.

I Have To Have It said...

Yum! You always make really good, really interesting food. I'll have to try this. I luuuurve Brussels sprouts.