Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"It is in giving that we receive"

This quote by St. Francis of Assisi has always rung true to my heart. This Christmas (Merry Christmas Eve by the way!!!) I have the special honor of awarding a deserving family a great reward. I posted a week ago about the Giving Is Awesome event that I am participating in and I have to say that I have been blown away by the nominations and the families who prove that there are heroes walking among us. Every family nominated deserves a spectacular holiday and I hope 2009 brings them the peace, light and hope that they all deserve.

The winner of my Giving Is Awesome event is an amazing family, fighting a brave battle (commonly known as cancer) and still staying warm, compassionate, loving and kind every step of the way. I am honored to grant this family this gift and I hope that it brings them some happiness and fun this holiday season. I am keeping their names private to let them enjoy this gift - but thank you to everyone who sent in nominations and to all the families out there who were nominated. Everyone have a very Merry Christmas!

Love,
Shey

No comments: